Blog: Broomfie – I discovered Rachael’s blog a couple of months ago, and it has swiftly become a favourite of mine. At the moment, I’m really enjoying reading about and seeing photos from her travels across the US. I have major envy.
Blog posts I’ve enjoyed:
- Why small bloggers and YouTubers matter – The Lilac Linnet – A wonderful blog post from Llinos about why smaller blogs matter.
- Things that tell me I am not a real grown up – Forever Amber – I agree with pretty much all of these.
- Have iPhone, will travel – Artifact Uprising – Kevin Russ talks about travelling America and taking beautiful photos with his iPhone.
- 15 thoughts once you’re back from holiday – Broomfie – Rachael totally gets your feels about returning from holiday.
- Priorities – Knock on Wood – Amanda shares a shocking experience of being told her job should be more important than her family. I was frustrated for Amanda when I read this, and I admire her for standing up for herself.
Music: Two albums came out in June that I’ve been looking forward to for months:
- Pageant Material by Kacey Musgraves (My favourite at the moment is Die Fun.)
- VENUS by Joy Williams (I recommend listening to Until The Levee.)
I went to see Taylor Swift in June also, and she put on a killer show, so I’ve been listening to her a lot also. I’m also pretty happy that she’s allowed 1989 to go onto Apple Music.
Books: My standout book from June is Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill. It’s such an intense book and it’s frustrated everyone I’ve spoken to about it. I mean that in a good way of course.
It deals with issues such as sexism, objectification, and eating disorders, and magnifies these issues we see in today’s society.
TV: Tom and I recently started watching Vikings on Amazon Prime. We marathoned the first series last Saturday; we’re hooked.
Food: This month it has been all about stuffed mushrooms and mushroom burgers.
Most popular posts on Eat Read Glam in June:
Normally, this is where I share the five most popular posts on the blog this month. Annoyingly, I’ve had a problem with Google Analytics and it just stopped tracking at the start of the month, so what I’m going to do instead is share some of my favourite posts I’ve written this month.
- 8 things people never tell you about being a pet owner – it seems a lot of you agreed with me on this.
- 6 of my favourite cruelty-free and vegan beauty products – if you have any recommendations, please let me know.
- Minnie Mouse Vans from the Young At Heart Collection – as soon as I heard about this collection, I knew I had to have a pair of these.
- Killin & the Falls of Dochart – as I come to the end of blogging about my trip to Scotland, I share photos of my favourite spot from the trip, the Falls of Dochart.
- A drizzly weekend in Cambridge with Travelodge – despite the dreary British weather, Tom and I had a great time exploring this beautiful old city.
Come on, share some of your favourite June things with me and please share any blog posts you’ve read / written and loved last month.